The loss of one or more teeth can impact day to day living … chewing may be difficult, speech may be affected, and your willingness to smile or laugh may dwindle due to embarrassment. Implant dentistry can restore tooth loss so all those things can be put in the past. A consultation with your dental provider will outline the many benefits of dental implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Diet: You can eat all your favorite foods without any problems. Your restoration will be bonded in place so there is no fear of slippage or movement. You will be able to eat without discomfort as there is nothing to impede your ability to chew.
- Appearance: Your self-esteem will soar when you see how great you look. Your newly implanted tooth has been made to match neighboring teeth so no one will know which of your teeth has been restored. This cosmetic enhancement will appear natural and lifelike.
- Permanent: A dental implant is designed to last. Once the implant has been integrated, it is there for life in many cases.
- Protect surrounding natural teeth: The bones that hold your teeth in place begin to atrophy when a tooth is lost. This can result in gum shrinkage and impact neighboring teeth perhaps resulting in their eventual loss. Dental implants can prevent bone loss.
- Highly successful: Dental implants have proven to be an ideal solution for tooth loss. With the proper care, implant dentistry can provide benefits unequaled with any other tooth loss solution.
Before, During, and After Dental Implant Treatment
The consultation will involve a review of general health followed by an extensive dental exam where the focus will be on sufficient bone where the implant is to be embedded. If needed, there are procedures that augment bone that can be performed before placing the implant.
Your dental provider will explain the importance of maintaining great dental health to prevent infection, a leading cause of implant failure. Tobacco use is another cause of implant loss so smoking and smokeless tobacco are not recommended.
When healed and osseointegration has occurred, the cosmetic restoration will be bonded in place. Now that your dental implant procedure is complete, you will care for it just as you maintain your natural teeth. Brush and floss daily; follow instructions provided; and visit our team at Newton Dental Group as recommended for cleaning and exam.